Yesterday at lunch I worked through the NCAA tournament bracket four times, asking the boys what their chosen teams were. The logic they use is always entertaining.
- Xavier sounds like “Savior.”
- San Diego sounds like “Andy Osenga.”
- Georgetown sounds like “George Washington.” (this one served Jonathan well…he has them going deep)
Ben’s South region (upper right) boggles the mind. He consistently picked the lower-ranked team in each first-round game. Eventually, in Ben’s world, Temple upsets Cornell to advance to the final four.
Austin Peay (#16 in the South region) was a very popular choice, as was Siena (#13 in the Midwest). I think that might have something to do with the fact that our van is a Toyota Sienna.
The Final results:
- Cameron has USC beating Duke 95-76
- Ben has Temple beating George Mason 85-70
- Andrew has Indiana beating Pitt 19-15
- Jonathan has Stanford beating Washington State with no final score, because no matter how hard I tried I could only get him to say, “They play basketball like DIS (slams the table).”
You heard it here first!