This morning I fixed our vacuum!!
I had to take some screws out and disassemble it a little bit, but it all went back together and worked better than when I started.
This is rare, since my attempts at fixing things usually go something like this:
1. Item breaks while Kelly is using it.
2. Kelly attempts to force item back to a usable state, with little or no respect for how item is put together. This usually involves smacking, hitting, shaking, and noises like, “AAAAGGGGHHH!”.
3. Kelly sees the error of her ways and how she has been blinded by rage. Attempts to fix item with respect for how it works this time.
4. David arrives home and sees giant broken mess. David’s eyes roll back in his head.
5. David comes to the rescue by either (a) fixing item or (b) declaring that we need a new one, but — by the way — I probably could have fixed this one if you could have just waited for me.
By the way, the combination of Lego men, dried pinto beans, and cheap carpet lint is what hung it up. It’s not easy being our vacuum, but this one has lasted for about five years now.