Here’s the game, I tell you 6 “unspectacular quirks” of mine, then I mention 6 people and they have to list their quirks on their blog.
Trust me, these are very unspectacular.
1. I HATE the movie E.T. HATE. IT. I hated it the first time I saw it, when it came out in theatres when I was little, and I still hate it. I don’t get the concept of being friends with a disgusting little rodent-looking alien who makes a sound like fingernails on a chalkboard when he’s startled. Even if he does like Reeses Pieces. If it is left up to only me, my children will NEVER see this movie.
2. Usually I am a morning person, but sometimes I get bitten with the nightowl bug. Last week, I stayed up late cutting out pieces for a new diaper bag and watching “The Facts of Life” on Hulu. I think my husband thought he was hallucinating when he heard the theme song drifting upstairs, “you take the good, you take the bad, you take ’em both and there you have….”
3. I’m an Olympics junkie. I love it all. I am very excited about the possibility of vegging out on the couch with my kids, feeding a baby, and watching the Beijing Olympics. I suggested to David last week that we should name the baby “Olympia Beijing.” Yes, I was joking. No, we haven’t settled on a name yet.
4. My favorite meal is breakfast. I love omelets, waffles, pancakes, eggs, veggies, fruit, muffins, granola, oatmeal, cereal, bacon, fresh coffee, toast…. This is one of the reasons why I LOVE Cracker Barrel restaurants! Breakfast anytime!
5. I can’t sleep with socks on. Sweaty feet make me crazy. This was one of those, “really?!” discoveries when we got married. I could maybe make an exception if we’re camping and it’s cold, but other than that…no dice.
6. I am the perfect height to be stuck awkwardly in between “average” and “tall” in women’s clothing stores. I have to try on jeans to make sure they’re going to fit. And when does that happen? Almost never. Another reason to love LL Bean…they have a “medium tall” women’s option. Apparently they really wanted ME to shop there.