Skip to content
- How do I convince boys who will almost certainly be over six feet tall that they probably won’t find success as (1) gymnasts or (2) divers? So far I’m letting them entertain the fantasy.
- “Michael Phelps” is now as familiar a name in our house as anyone’s…Jonathan routinely says it with ease. I’m excited that the kids have a role model in the pool.
- How much money does John Williams make every time NBC plays the Olympic theme? And does he get royalties for each time it repeats in my head?
- Women’s beach volleyball is banned as an Olympic sport in our house until the ladies find some better uniforms (or…I should say…some actual uniforms).
- One detail I forgot from the delivery room: the nurses, once they realized that Maddie was an 8-8-08 baby (she was the first one in that hospital), they congratulated me on an Olympic effort. Ha, ha.