Last Monday, the day my oldest child turned ten, I decided to attempt to live with my eyes more open.
Living with my eyes more open to gifts in gratitude.
As we watched the video above together, my daughter took up her pen and began to write.
And as if she had been sent from above as a messenger to wake me up, she turned to me when the music finished and said, “Count, Mommy. Count.”
Count. She meant the circles that she drew on the page. I took it to mean something more.
So I will begin counting today.
- Dark mornings of quiet
- Warm blankets
- Ten years with this boy
- An extra boy in the house this weekend
- A husband who gives me freedom to be creative with our home
- Teenagers who listen to the Word of God being taught
- Prayer times
- Faithful men
- Mason jars with candles inside
- Guests who linger long into the afternoon
- Potty training success
- Milestones — ten years exactly of diaper duty
- Little girl giggles and dances
- A friend due to give birth this week