Well, what a couple of weeks we’ve had. Two weeks ago the whole family came down with the seasonal flu — everyone except for me.
This time last week I was thinking about calling the pediatrician because Jonathan wasn’t bouncing back from the flu very quickly whereas everyone else had.
Little did I know that a week later I would be sitting in my son’s hospital room listening to an IV pump and nursing him back to health after an appendectomy.
Thankful today for
32. an attentive pediatrician who sent us back to the hospital after we were discharged the first time
33. a quick, simple, laproscopic procedure
34. antibiotics. I am usually wary of them but this time around I am embracing them with my whole being 🙂
35. a decent hospital cafeteria
36. wireless internet in the hospital
37. having Ann’s book along with me
38. a church family who has fed us, watched our other four kids, shuttled them back and forth to the hospital, and been incredibly supportive and helpful in general
39. a truly wonderful view from our room
40. the rooftop garden and 60 degree temps yesterday
41. my husband, who has embraced fully his Mr. Mom role for most of the last week and even remembered to dress our daughter in her Valentine’s dress for church yesterday
42. Jonathan’s progress so far…eating, walking, and building more Lego sets
43. our ability to participate in a study for oral antibiotics so J does not need to have a pic line put in today
44. hospital volunteers who filled his days with homemade valentines and candy
45. seeing the ministry that my children are to one another, how beneficial they are to each other