Happy Reformation Day, or as some people call it “Reforween.” We’ll be celebrating by doing some traditional Reformation activities (reading this book and watching a bit of “Luther”), and getting ready for our little open house tonight (here’s what we try to accomplish on Halloween). I made hermits last night and prepared a bunch of pie crusts. As soon as I get up from the computer, I’ll be popping the first apple pie of autumn in the oven. We have some church friends coming over tonight and we plan to have a fire and show “The Great Pumpkin” for the kids.
October in general has been very, very busy. I know I sound like a broken record saying that by now. Here are some of the things we’ve been thankful for over the last few weeks.
162. Our pastor’s sermon series through Romans…we reached chapter 8 yesterday!
|photo from Michelle Leader, on my left|
163. a weekend retreat in the mountains with the ladies at church…and four babies this year 🙂
164. babies! Ella, Haddon, Oliver, Adelai, and the newest addition to the team, Jobey Jr. After so many years of being the pregnant/nursing one, it has been a joy for me to help out the moms this year. And my kids are LOVING all the babies!
165. a visit from my faraway friend Michelle and her family! Mike, Michelle and the kids are traveling across the country in an RV for a year (or possibly more!) and we’re so glad they made Charlotte a stop on their grand tour. Above are all the kids: Tullie, Ben, Jonathan, Cameron (holding Boston), Andrew, Maddie, Ellison, and Josiah.
167. autumn weather, autumn colors
168. continued employment for my husband. Though his job is demanding at times, I am grateful that we have consistent income and employers who appreciate his gifts.
169. the Valley of Vision
170. Wendell Berry. On the retreat, I finally cracked open Hannah Coulter. I’d been saving it until I finished a bunch of other stuff. It’s as wonderful as everyone says. 🙂
171. Older women who show grace under trial
172. flannel sheets
173. fall gardens. I think I prefer spring and fall crops to summer ones. Crazy, I know.
174. sewing! I got to spend a good amount of time sewing this month, working on the kids’ costumes for tonight. I like to sew whilst streaming Project Runway. It makes me work a little faster.