227. a successful move to our new place this past Saturday.
228. Deacons who fulfill their role and humbly serve. “For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 3:13 ESV) Thank you Ben, Wayne, and Kyle for your tireless service. Also, Keith, Peter, and Tyrone all helped for a time on Saturday with the heavy lifting. Jennie, Erin, Erin, and Suni helped with the lighter stuff.
229. Our real estate agent, Sharon, who was with us for twelve hours on Saturday. She cleaned, she packed, she vacuumed, she unpacked, and she worked on one set of stubborn bunk beds for over an hour, making sure that my kids had a place to sleep on Saturday night. I don’t know and can’t list everything she did for us.
230. My mom, who came for a week and helped on each end of the move. Yesterday was her birthday.
231. The kids were pretty resilient. The boys are old enough to carry a good bit now, and they did it. Maddie was exhausted by 6:30, and she started crying when I asked her to put away her shoes and socks. She pleaded, “Can this be my last job?”
232. Sweet housewarming gifts, one from Erin which was reminiscent of the gift I gave her when she moved in to her new place. So fun.
233. Snow last night!